What kinds of things would you want in the GNU OS?

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Jun 2 13:08:21 AEST 1989

In article <19812 at adm.BRL.MIL> niuvax!sys1 at antares.mcs.anl.gov (Systems Programmer) writes:
>     I take care of five computers running three operating systems and
>only one is UNIX (this one :-).  It would be a big help to me if client
>departments could take care of the routine stuff, provided they had no
>way to add privileged users, i.e. nobody added to certain groups like
>staff, wheel, operator, and nobody added with certain uid numbers.

This can be done.  The facilities are all present.  All that is needed
is for a systems programmer to write a SUID root program which checks
for group membership in some admin group.

You wouldn't happen to know where we could find a systems programmer? ;-)
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Button of the Week Club:-------------
VoiceNet: (512) 832-8832   Data: -8835  | "AIX is a three letter word,