YOUR thoughts on Parallel programming interfaces - USENIX BOF

william.cox wtc at cbnewsl.ATT.COM
Thu Jun 8 01:33:24 AEST 1989

The UNIX International Multiprocessing Working Group is sponsoring
a BOF session at the Baltimore USENIX on parallel programming interfaces.
We invite anyone to attend, especially people with significant experience
in multiprocessing UNIX systems and/or parallel programming language expertise.

	Date:	Wednesday, June 14, 1989
	Time:	8:30pm - 10pm
	Place:	Somewhere at the Hyatt

Yes, I know it's after the reception on Wednesday...

UNIX International is a non-profit organization formed by manufacturers
and others with a significant commitment to UNIX System V.
UI provides high-level technical direction to AT&T's USO [UNIX Software
Operation] with respect to the evolution of AT&T's source products
related to UNIX System V.

The MP group is developing high level requirements for multiprocessing,
and wants YOUR thoughts/opinions on the user-level API for parallel
programming.  (Examples include the Mach C-Threads library, OS/2 threads,
and the Sequent m* primitives.)  The subcommittee on parallel programming
interfaces will make a recommendation to the UI MP working group as to what
interface(s) should be supported as part of the AT&T source product.

We should have an interesting discussion -- join us, and you can
help guide the evolution of the UNIX operating system!

	bill

	William T. Cox
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	Summit NJ 07901
	bill at attunix.att.com
	(...att!attunix!bill)

	(201) 522-6385

P.S. If you can't attend, your input (via email) is welcome.