RCS source availability

Thomas Narten narten at cs.purdue.EDU
Thu Jun 29 00:21:58 AEST 1989

In article  <7148 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <7012 at medusa.cs.purdue.edu> narten at cs.purdue.EDU (Thomas Narten) writes:
>> Version 4 of RCS is now available from arthur.cs.purdue.edu in
>> pub/RCS/rcs.tar and pub/RCS/rcs.tar.Z.  The latest version is
>
>How does the "Version 4" relate the "Version 4.1" and patches that
>have been on uunet for quite a while.  Is this something new and
>different or just confusion?

Actually, I was a bit loose with my use of Version.  The RCS on uunet
is old.  In fact, all versions currently available are old with
respect to the version currently on arthur.  I added a line to the
README file to indicate that this is version 4.2.

To those sites currently offering RCS for anonymous uucp/ftp: please
get the new version from arthur.

--
Thomas Narten
narten at cs.purdue.edu or {ucbvax,decvax}!purdue!narten