line mode diffs for telnetd wanted.

Toerless Eckert eckert at immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jun 29 21:52:09 AEST 1989

Dear netlanders.

I am looking for extensions for telnetd under (bsd) unix that
provide for line modus. I am using some real slow IP links
over which the single char modus is really unfeasable.

I have seen, that Crays version of telnetd (under unicos) provides
this feature, and switches correctly between line and single-char
modus, as the user changes from shell to vi, or vice versa.

This is exactly what I would like to have in my telnetd on
Sun, HP, Vax or any other workstation.

Does anyone know where I could find for example diffs to
berkeleys telnetd that will do the trick ??

Toerless Eckert			E-Mail: eckert at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
University of Erlangen		        {pyramid,unido}!fauern!eckert
Lehrstuhl fuer Betriebsysteme	BITNET: tte at derrze0.bitnet
Martensstrasse 3		Phone:  +49 9131 85 7908
8520 Erlangen, W-Germany