Directory Editor

Owner donegan at stanton.UUCP
Mon Jun 5 10:04:06 AEST 1989

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but is there source code available
which would allow me(root) to edit a directory file directly? The reason for
this need is that every once in a while either inews or xbbs fries a directory
entry. This is rare, but the process of tar'ing a large file tree and
rm -r'ing it and then untar'ing it is a little tedious when I can see via
hd exactly what the problem is. The fsck utility does not catch this particular
problem. Thanks for any help...
--
Steven P. Donegan                 These opinions are given on MY time, not
Area Telecommunications Engineer  Western Digital's - They wouldn't agree!