STREAMS tty drivers for SysV

Anders Klemets klemets at sics.se
Fri Jun 9 01:11:57 AEST 1989

I have a machine here running Bell Technologies System V/386 Rel 3.2
and I would like the ttys and pseduo-ttys to be STREAM devices.

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to do an
	ioctl(fd,I_SETSIG,S_INPUT);
i.e. I want the process to receive a signal as soon there are characters
to read from the tty.
On SUN 4.0 the ttys are STREAM devices, but definitely not on this
System V box.
Does anybody know if the ttys are STREAM devices on the Interactive
Systems 386/IX OS?

I guess that I could add a STREAMS driver for the ttys to the kernel,
does anybody have suitable code for this?
However, I would rather like to solve this problem some other way,
without having to rebuild the kernel. Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
	Anders
klemets at sics.se