What kind of things would you want in the GNU OS

Jack Jansen jack at cwi.nl
Tue Jun 13 22:37:02 AEST 1989

In article <19981 at adm.BRL.MIL> rbj at dsys.ncsl.nist.gov (Root Boy Jim) writes:

>I seem to remember something about a UNIX port to a big machine (Cray?
>370?) that used 4k bytes/inode. Guess where small files were stored?

Was this actually implemented? This idea was proposed by Sape Mullender
and Andy Tanenbaum in the paper 'Immedeate Files' (Software - practice
and experience, april 1984), but I wasn't aware that people had actually
done it.

I would be interested if anyone could provide more details.....
Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht	| Oral:     Jack Jansen
zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen	| Internet: jack at cwi.nl
dan dooft het licht			| Uucp:     mcvax!jack