Needed: A (Portable) way of setting up the arg stack

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Jun 3 02:58:13 AEST 1989

In article <708 at mitisft.Convergent.COM> kemnitz at mitisft.Convergent.COM (Gregory Kemnitz) writes:
>I need to know how (or if) *NIX (System V.3) has the ability to let
>a stack of arguments be set for a function before it is called.  I
>have several hundred pointers to functions which are called from one
>place, and each function has different numbers of arguments.

Let's assume for the sake of simplicity that all the arguments have the
same type.  Then your best bet is to define all the functions to take
a pointer to (an array of) arguments.  That way they're all conformable.