/tmp

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Fri Jun 9 02:34:12 AEST 1989

What bad bad things happen if I symbolically link /tmp to /usr/tmp?  My
root file system is tiny and I run out of space often.  Thanks to the
wondrous Integrated "Solutions" SCSI driver, I can't repartition the
disk.

My fear is that some demon or something will go nuts when the system
boots.  I guess I could make a /usr/tmp in the root file system, which
will go away when /usr is mounted.  Hopefully nothing bad happens if a
file is open in a directory when it gets "covered up" by a mount.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.