What kind of things would you want in the GNU OS

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Thu Jun 8 05:36:52 AEST 1989

>We have performance problems with SunOS that we don't have with Xenix
>on similar hardware.  The reason for the difference in performance that
>we see between Xenix and SunOS is the presence of these three features
>in SunOS.

Evidence, please, for the conclusion that those particular three
features account for all, or even most, of the difference in performance
you see?

>The code in the Kernel which supports these features eats up memory and
>cpu time whether the user wants to use them or not.

Are those the *only* features present in SunOS but not in your Xenix?
Does your Xenix have TCP/IP support, or NFS, for example?

(For that matter, are you certain your Xenix lacks VM?)