ls -A - should be easier than this (and it was)

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.ISC.COM
Wed Oct 11 15:34:56 AEST 1989

General discussion is about trying to get ls to show files beginning with
., without getting . and ..

I remember that V7 *did* give files with names beginning with ".".  I
remember that this went away somewhere down the road...BSD let us ask for
it with -A, which Sys V doesn't implement.  I also remember a peek into the
Sys V source at some point which said that there's a compilation option to
ls which will give the dot-prefixed names.

so...mutter, grumble...I used to have it, then I could ask for it, now it's
there but I can't get at it.  Is dis progress?  I dunno, I don' tink so.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com    uucp: {ncar,nbires}!ico!rcd     (303)449-2870
   ...No DOS.  UNIX.