ls -A

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.UUCP
Tue Oct 10 10:39:29 AEST 1989

In article <603 at buster.irby.com>, rli at buster.irby.com (Buster Irby) writes:
> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>
> >Another difference in 'ls' when you're root, of course, is that you get the
> >owner and group displayed in the 'ls -l' listing, instead of just the owner.
>
> Peter, you must be using a different ls than the rest of us.  ls -l
> under System V/386 gives you both the user id and group id regardless
> of who you are.

If you had been reading this thread, you would know that the discussion
was about the differnces with BSD's ls when root runs it. (one of them
noted above, but the original note was reguarding the -A flag)  so the
example of your system V doesn't apply.

Although I also run System V (and prefer it over BSD, in general), I do
not think that "the rest of us" do.