Real Time UNIX (was: Re: How do you tell a wizard?)

Andrew Cunningham andyc at hpopd.HP.COM
Wed Oct 25 03:25:09 AEST 1989

/ hpopd:comp.unix.wizards / bin at primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) /  5:02 pm  Oct 19, 1989 /
> level of the individual with respect ot their UNIX knowledge.
> ie:  NOVICE:
>      Calls vi vye
>      etc

>I have *never* heard *anyone* call "vi" vee-eye.  Including wizards.

How you pronounce /usr/ucb/vi (or /usr/bin/vi, if you have HP-UX
or some similar system)  depends less upon how long you've used UNIX
and more on who taught it.  I call it lots of things, none
of which begin with `v'......
:-)