Job Control (a la csh/ksh) from within C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Oct 4 01:31:20 AEST 1989

In article <1719 at zen.co.uk> vic at zen.co.uk (Victor Gavin) writes:
>...my understanding of how job control works is sadly lacking.
>Can anyone point me towards a book/manual/paper which explains how to
>control jobs *properly* from within a C program?

Well, the *proper* way to control jobs is not to fool around with
abominations like BSD job control, but to do something sensible like a
window system that lets you interact with multiple processes without
ornate kludges.  However, that probably isn't what you wanted...
--
Nature is blind; Man is merely |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
shortsighted (and improving).  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu