How do you tell a wizard?

Rick Schubert rns at se-sd.NCR.COM
Tue Oct 31 06:33:48 AEST 1989

In article <10242 at encore.Encore.COM> jdarcy at encore.UUCP (Jeff d'Arcy) writes:
>kilroy at mimsy.umd.edu (Nancy's Fiance):
>> Actually it was:
>> % cat > vmunix.s

>Nope.  I don't think he was using csh.  More likely would be:

>$ cat > vmunix.s

If I remember correctly, the "%" prompt preceded the "$" prompt: it was the
default prompt for the Mashey shell, which was replaced by the Bourne shell.
I was never "root" back then, but I suspect that the default "root" prompt
was also "#".  So any prompts in this line of discussion should probably be
"#".

But the real question is: does a real wizard really need a prompt?

-- Rick Schubert (rns at se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM)