ls -A

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Oct 10 00:16:09 AEST 1989

[ls -l gives owner+group only when su-root]

In article <603 at buster.irby.com> rli at buster.irby.com (Buster Irby) writes:
>Peter, you must be using a different ls than the rest of us.  ls -l
>under System V/386 gives you both the user id and group id regardless
>of who you are.

System V/386 isn't the whole world. Not only is there BSD, but there are
lots of systems running System-III derived Xenix. Like me.

>System V as distributed on AT&T 3B2 machines.  You must be confusing
>Unix behavior with Xenix behavior, and they are not the same.

Sorry, Buster. Xenix *IS* UNIX. Xenix *IS* UNIX. So is V7 UNIX, BSD UNIX,
System III, Version 6, PWB, Onyx, TNIX, Venix, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
--
Peter da Silva, *NIX support guy @ Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
Biz: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. Fun: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com. `-_-'