BSD bugs -- round 2

Guy Middleton gamiddleton at watmath.waterloo.edu
Wed Oct 4 06:50:26 AEST 1989

In article <1807 at cooper.cooper.EDU> hak at cooper.cooper.EDU (Jeff Hakner ) writes:
> 3) However, I still do not understand how these kinds of bugs
>    could be distributed.  My typical development cycle goes:

I think Chris Torek pointed out that producing a verifiably working program
takes a lot of time, which CSRG doesn't have -- they are too busy working on
4.4BSD.

> 4) How can we obtain the correct sources?  No one has yet answered
>    this question.

Getting the current version from Berkeley won't help, because they don't run
4.3 any more.  I think your only choice is to fix the bugs yourself.

 -Guy Middleton, University of Waterloo		gamiddleton at watmath.waterloo.edu
		(+1 519 885 1211 x3472)		gamiddleton at watmath.uwaterloo.ca