GNU gcc1.35 on Interactive 386/ix 2.01

Joachim Wiesel WIESEL%DKAUNI0P.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Wed Oct 25 09:31:24 AEST 1989

Hi,

has anyone succesfully installed gcc Version 1.35 on ISC 386/ix 2.01?

I have compiled gcc with the USG compiler (using model i386-sysv) without
errors. I have also converted libc.a and crt0.o from coff to bsd file format
running 'robotussin'. All binutils have been created with the USG
and COFF_ENCAPSULATE. When I am trying to compile gcc after
make stage1
as recommended in INSTALL it complains:

ld: malformed input file (not rel or archive) /lib/crt1.o

'robotussin' seemingly cannot convert /lib/crt1.o, error message is:

robotussin: Oops! possible bug - reloc reference to ignored symbol

.....so how can /lib/crt1.o be converted?

Any help welcome...
Joachim
Joachim Wiesel, Department of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (IPF)
Karlsruhe University,                      P.O.Box 6980, Englerstr. 7
D-7500 Karlsruhe, West-Germany,                Tel.: +49 721 608 2316
wiesel at dkauni0p.bitnet                            gp06 at dkauni2.bitnet