How do you tell a wizard?

Joe Konczal konczal at mail-gw.ncsl.nist.gov
Wed Oct 25 01:18:29 AEST 1989

   Date:     Mon, 23 Oct 89 9:57:30 EDT
   From: "Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)" <drears at pica.army.mil>

   > From article <955 at umb.umb.edu>, by campbell at umb.umb.edu (Jim
   Campbell):
   >> ie:  NOVICE: Calls vi vye

   > I have *never* heard *anyone* call "vi" vee-eye.  Including wizards.

     Do wizards even use vi?  I thought they used emacs :-).

   Dennis

Of course wizzards use vi...they are often called upon to help people who
haven't installed emacs on thier systems yet.

And in answer to the "***WIZARD***":

   Guys haven't you got anything better to talk about, after all who really
   cares about, "How do you tell a wizard?", I don't.  I get a little sick
   of reading these reams of garbage.  Hold the flames.

That depends... :-)

A real wizard knows how to delete the mail he (or she) isn't
interested in reading!  Even most people who have never heard of Unix
will not read reams of garbage that makes them sick if nobody is
forcing them to.  (I am holding the flames; this is just the smoke.)

	Joe Konczal