How do you tell a wizard?

Barry Shein bzs at cs.bu.edu
Mon Oct 16 04:39:33 AEST 1989

> >     Need guaranteed real-time response for certain processes.
>
>Gee Doug, how do you do that one, other than running under Masscomp's
>Real-Time Unix or using a slave processor with something like VRTX or
>VX/Works?
>
>Or by "real-time" do you mean "anything under 10,000 usec"?  :-)
>
>  Dave Kemp  <Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil>

Gee, I thought the right answer was "you can't" unless (add in your
caveats and the possibility of hacking your own kernel.)

Maybe that was the answer Doug was looking for?

How do you tell a wizard? If you have to ask you can't afford it.

	-Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die, Purveyors to the Trade
1330 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02146, (617) 739-0202
Internet: bzs at world.std.com
UUCP:     encore!xylogics!world!bzs or uunet!world!bzs