Window Sizes (was Re: Job Control (a la csh/ksh) from within C)

James Salter jsalter at slo.uucp
Fri Oct 13 05:15:43 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct12.022407.7989 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>Well, if you *insist* on having them all on the screen at a time, of
>course they will.  Particularly on a 24x80 terminal, you wouldn't.
>Call them up when you need them.

But it would be nice to have a font size which doesn't require intense
squinting, too.  Especially when comparing code segs of longer than 24 lines.

At least job control lets me cntrl-z out of a vi session and enter another
with 4 key strokes while only having to initiate a vi session once per job.
There is a lot to say about windowing systems instead of job control, but I
happen to like using job control.  (Of course, I've also never seen the code
JC requires, so I'm looking at it from an end-user viewpoint.)

Then again, the virtual terminals capability on my PS/2 running AIX 1.1 is
*almost* as good as a windowing system.  And the fonts are decent sized, even
if the screen length is fixed

jim/jsalter   IBM AWD   T465/(415)855-4427   VNET: JSALTER at PALOALTO
UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter               Disc: Any opinions are mine.
IP: ibmsupt!jsalter at uunet.uu.net    "PS/2 it, or DIE!" -- me