How do you tell a wizard?

Nicholas Jacobs nick at toro.UUCP
Tue Oct 24 06:47:09 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct22.174927.3736 at world.std.com> madd at world.UUCP (jim frost) writes:
>In article <227 at promark.UUCP> mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:
>|4	They have a copy of either the BSD or System V "Implimentation of
>|	the Unix operating system."
>|5	All the above books have pages that are starting to bio-degrade
>|	from age.
>
>Given that the BSD book isn't very old, I kind of doubt it.  Worn,
>maybe, but not degrading :-).
>
>jim frost

Actually, considering the wonderful paper :-) that they printed the BSD book
on, I wouldn't be surprised if it was falling apart...

But, I think that the operative point is that wizards don't consider themselves
to be so. In fact, I would be surprised to hear one wizard to call another
wizard one to their face. It just seems to me to be one of those terms that
gets bantered around by people who seek to label everyone into neat categories.

Nicholas Jacobs
UUCP: ...!uunet!toro!nick Internet: toro!nick at uunet.uu.net
AT&T: (212) 236-3230