Serial Port Drivers

David B Stewart dstewart at fas.ri.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 31 06:18:28 AEST 1989

Does anyone have the source code for serial ports using the
Signetics SCN 68681 DUART, which they are willing to distribute?
In particular, these are the ports on an Ironics IV3220 Single Board Computer.

We currently have very primitive drivers for the ports, and unless I
some volunteers some source code, I will be embarking on improving these
drivers.

The drivers that we need are UNIX like (eg open-close-read-write-ioctl),
but for our own custom operating system.  As long as they are written in C,
they can be useful at least as guidelines.

Thanks for the help,

~dave

--
David B. Stewart, Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Engr., and The Robotics Institute,
	Carnegie Mellon University,  email: stewart at faraday.ece.cmu.edu
The following software is now available (public domain); ask me for details
        CHIMERA II, A Real-time OS for Sensor-Based Control Applications