my SCSI questions

Roger Gonzalez rg at uunet!unhd
Tue Oct 31 05:28:36 AEST 1989

To all those who mailed the helpful SCSI info to me, thanks muchly.

To the less helpful..

Well, let's just say that Wizards aren't kindly old men with grey hair.
They seem to be Nasty Spiteful creatures who resent questions enough that
they will come out of their burrows just for the joy of smacking your
pee-pee when you put it on the table.  Boy, did I get my pee-pee smacked!
One would think it was a personal affront to them that I *dared* to say
'tell the target to assert a phase command (C/D, I/O, and MSG)'.  Stupid
me for interpreting the japlish manual for saying that:
ncr->target_command = 0x06;          /* Message in = assert C/D | I/O | MSG  */
Straight from the book.  No, I didn't RTFM the SCSI spec.  I RTFMed the
chip manual and the board manual.  I see now that I need the SCSU specs.
Fine.  Thank you.  Here are some other helpful comments (you know who you are):

>this piece of shitty code will never work roger.  go buy a real scsi driver
>if your too dumb to write one

>Roger:
>  Why are you using a WORM drive?  They really suck.  If you have to go
>optical, at least have the brains to get a rewritable one.

>             pretty idiotic of you to assert ACK before the data bus

>Since you yourself say that you're not writing a Unix driver, why the hell
>you posting to *this* group?
>>-Roger
>> wizard in training :-)
>You'll never make it

Let this be a lesson to those with questions...
IF YOU PUT YOUR PEE-PEE ON THE TABLE IT WILL GET SMACKED
(but you get a lot of good advice as well.. tnx ALB, Marc, Des, Tony, Geoff)

-Roger

--
UUCP:   unhd!rg at cs.utexas.edu | USPS: Marine Systems Engineering Laboratory
BITNET: r_gonzalez at unhh    |       University of New Hampshire