Panic button SCSI disk reformat!

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Oct 31 02:45:20 AEST 1989

Given that the only uses I can think of for this might not wait for the
hours that a low level format might take, I suggest a suitable enclosure
and erasure via a large magnet for a few seconds followed by a touch of
thermite.

End of serious suggestion. Begin humor.

If you want to be sure, an EMP is the fastest way to scramble the bits.
A small (2-3 kiloton) device would provide the EMP and mechanical
reformatting as well. Be sure the enclosure is sturdy.

--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon