The Great Vi Controversy

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Thu Oct 26 04:49:47 AEST 1989

In article <929 at uakari.primate.wisc.edu>, bin at primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
> Ok, ok, ok, you can stop the flood of mail now.
> Little did I realize what I hornet's nest I would stir up.
>
> Anyway, my mail indicates that vee-eye is indeed the more prevalent
> pronounciation, over vye (as in "curl up and die for pronouncing vi that
> way" :-).  There appears to be some evidence that there are regional

Actually, we commonly receive a much worse pronunciation.  We sell
references and tutorials for vi and it is quite common for a buyer to
call us to place an order.  They generally ask for a "6" reference.

This is a dead giveaway that we won't be able to talk them into some
other products.  Or, that they are Roman. :-)
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    amc-gw!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl