The Great Vi Controversy

Robert Swirsky swirsky at olivee.olivetti.com
Sat Oct 28 14:37:08 AEST 1989

In article <291 at orchid.warwick.ac.uk> maujt at warwick.ac.uk (Richard J Cox) writes:
>>Never occurred to me that gamma-iota-gamma-alpha might come across with a
>>soft g; must keep an ear out for it and maybe I'll hear it some day.

Flame, flame, flame.
I'll think of you next time I see something "gigantic" or perhaps when I
dance the "gigue." How do *you* pronounce "gigolo" or "gigot?"

Anyway, there's only one pronunciation in all my American dictionaries for
"gigas" which clearly has the same root as "gigabyte."

This only proves one thing: I'm just a Unix jock and not a wizard.
Let's get back to business....