TTY, speak now, or forever

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Tue Oct 31 12:42:53 AEST 1989

According to natei at sco.COM (Nathaniel Ingersoll):
>In article <254641C0.4960 at ateng.com> chip at ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>>And make all control characters optional.  As in, "stty intr none".
>
>Try setting the control character to -1 to undefine it;
>in system V use
>	% stty intr ^-
>
>as per the stty(1) man page.

The stty(1) man page lies.

The command "stty intr '^-'" doesn't make the interrupt character undefined,
it makes it 0xFF.  If I have a terminal that generates 0xFF, or if line
noise is interpreted as 0xFF, then I get a SIGINT.

I renew my request.  I want an "stty intr none" that _works_.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>