Further name games (was: Real Time UNIX (was: How ... a wizard?))

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Mon Oct 30 16:45:26 AEST 1989

In article <1076 at toro.UUCP>, nick at toro.UUCP (Nicholas Jacobs) writes:
> In article <TADGUY.89Oct26134815 at osric.cs.odu.edu> tadguy at cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) writes:
> >Don't forget ``etc''.  I cringe everytime I hear someone say ``et-see''.  :-)
> >	...tad
>
> Sheesh! No kidding! Our old SA used to say it and then he got me saying
> it too. Every once in a while my brain departs from controlled flight and
> I say it again. Thank goodness I'm in charge of sys. admin. now... :-)

Yea, the old sysadmin here called it et-see here also.  I caught the bug.
Oh my God, Did I say sysadmin????  I meant SA! (Wart off some of
the flames). Especially the person who pointed out that I spelled
implementation incorrectly. Gee, and the rest of that article was
perfect.  Awww, gee, I was almost a wizard... That one character blew
it for me. :-(

Guess I will have to quit my job and everything.

Hey, my job..., not Adelphi University, my programmer alalyst job...
I just thought of another one...

How do you tell a wizard?  By how much money the company pays him TO STAY
TECHNICAL and not move into management where he becomes a pencil pushing
gghant chart maker-upper.

--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd at adelphi.UUCP  or  mark at promark.UUCP