Can I use a terminfo file on Sun?

Tony Rems rembo at uts.amdahl.com
Sat Sep 16 07:27:03 AEST 1989

I have a Sun 3/60 running SunOS 4.0.3.  We have a number of AT&T 5630
graphics terminals that run under our UTS (UNIX) SVR3 product.  However,
I have received one and I need to hook it up to my sun.  The manual (4 term)
doesn't contain the termcap entries, but only the terminfo entries.
I can copy over the terminfo files but since the Sun reads the termcap
it doesn't do me much good.

Here's the question(s):

Does anyone know if I can make my Sun use the terminfo and System V
stuff under /usr/5lib? (I compiled the entries using tic)?

OR

Does anyone have a termcap entry for a 630 MTG?

OR

Does anyone know how to use the info in the terminfo to create a
termcap entry?

Thanks in advance.

-Tony

Disclaim to  your heart's content.

NOTE:  I posted this to comp.terminals.tty5620 but it doesn't seem to
be a heavily read newsgroup.