Weird problem with C compiler under SCO - I can't believe it!

D. Chadwick Gibbons chad at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Sun Sep 17 11:01:40 AEST 1989

In article <71 at promark.UUCP> mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:
|The following short section of code does not compile using SCO XENIX 2.3.1
|and the 2.2.1 Development system, and I can't figure out why.
|1 main()
|2 {
|3 	char *cdecl;
|4 }

	The token "cdecl" is a reserved word under most implementations of
compilers developed for the Intel familiy of processors.  MicroSoft choosed to
use this to determine if a given function name was a "pascal," "fortran," or
C, i.e. "cdecl," function.  This convenction is followed by most DOS
compilers, and MicroSoft continues to use it--and they make the compilers for
SCO XENIX.  If you check the manual, there is a extended keyword flag
introducing "pascal," "fortran," and "cdecl."  -Me will turn on these flags.
more than likely, your compiler will have "-M3e" or some such as the default
flags.  Defining your own defaults will remove this action.