How do I detect who and when A file gets accessed ?

Pete French pcf at galadriel.bt.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 18:08:59 AEST 1989

>From article <NIEH.89Sep21095615 at nnn.crd.ge.com>, by nieh at nnn.crd.ge.com:
>
> I have an ASCII file which is owned by me. I constantly update the file.
> Some of my colleagues will  aceess (read-only) this file regularly.
> How do I detect who and when the file gets accessed ?

A program called 'feel' wil do this for you - its kindd of the opposite of
'touch'. I have used this several times. But BSD dont appear to have it
(man feel doesnt give anything here). Last time I saw it was a VAX 11-750
running 32V.

-Pete.

--
       -Pete French.               | "She stares at the screen,
  British Telecom Research Labs.   |  At the little words of green,