yellow pages questions

Marty Leisner.Henr at xerox.com
Tue Sep 12 08:42:14 AEST 1989

1) Is it reasonable to make all diskful yellow pages clients slave servers?
I don't see a clear way to determine which machines are servers and which
machines are not?

2) Is there a way to interrogate a local ethernet and find out the domains
various yellow page servers are bound to?  I'm on a network running
multiple yellow page domains, with no central administration.

3) I tried to set up a sun386i to be a yp client.  When ypbind runs out of
/etc/rc.local, it can't seem to bind with the domain being used, and the
machine hangs in rc.local. When I run it after the machine boots up, it
works fine.
Any ideas what to look at?

marty
ARPA:	leisner.henr at xerox.com