Moving Sunview Windows

J. Hopkins jim at melpar.UUCP
Wed Sep 27 03:26:50 AEST 1989

	Does anyone know how to move sunview windows from one screen
	to another on the Sun? The cursor moves great with adjacentscreens
	command. But windows will not go. Sun claimed it worked BEFORE
	we bought the hardware. Now they say it doesn't. I only need
	to move windows I've written, so I can make all kinds of code
	changes.

	Is there a way to capture all the info about a window and just
	change its parent to be the other screen without disrupting
	the data in the window? I've played with the lower level sunview
	stuff with little success. The only way I've gotten it to work is to
	kill the task and restart on the other screen, but then I must
	recreate the state the task was in before it was killed---YUK.
	It is also slow.

	Any clues or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

			Thanks,
				Jim Hopkins

	Please send responses via mail to ..uunet!melpar!jim
	I will post solutions.