Weird problem with C compiler under SCO - I can't believe it!

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Sun Sep 17 20:40:56 AEST 1989

In article <71 at promark.UUCP> mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:
: The following short section of code does not compile using SCO XENIX 2.3.1
: and the 2.2.1 Development system, and I can't figure out why.
:
: 1 main()
: 2 {
: 3     char *cdecl;
: 4 }

Cdecl is probably a modifier for functions that says that the
function uses the C calling sequence. You might find that the
identifiers "pascal" or "fortran" are also used this way.

Microsoft's C compilers for the IBM-PC (which I'm told are the same
as used in Xenix) do something like this. There is, for the Microsoft
compilers, a compiler option to disable this. Who knows, maybe there
is one for yours?

---
bill at twwells.com