Pty Sxt Gimme a Pseudo device!

Thomas Mitchell Trostel ttrostel at wpi.wpi.edu
Wed Sep 27 07:42:19 AEST 1989

	Hmmm... Here's an interesting problem for all of you
wizards out there.  We are attempting to get KA9Q running on
our 3B2 computer running System V version 3.0 (Gack!) and have
almost everything working correctly.  The notable exceptions
are:

1) 	There are no pty lines in System V.  From what I understand
	we should be able to use the sxt driver to create
	something that would work well enough but with the
	documentation that AT&T provided there is no way I see
	to do this.

2)	FTP works fine for downloads but tends to crash when
	we try to do an upload.  The error looks like a
	time out variant but I can't seem to trace it.  We
	seem to be able to transfer about 4 kilobytes before
	the system dies!??!

	Any and all coments are invited.

		Tom Trostel

		ttrostel at wpi.edu