How do you tell a wizard?

John Nall nall at loligo.cc.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:00:41 AEST 1989

(Disclaimer:  This sounds like a joke.  Please be
assured that it is not).

We are an organization that has only recently moved
to Unix.  Due to events beyond our control (i.e., the
decision by Control Data to dissolve ETA Systems) we
are quickly having to acquire local Unix expertise.  I
am charged with hiring a few "Unix wizards".  But I
don't know how in the $%%#^% to tell one, since there
is no one locally who qualifies, and God knows that I
don't!  I suppose I could ask all the questions that are
in the "list of frequently asked Unix questions" and if
they flunked THAT, then they don't qualify.

Any suggestions?  Please e-mail, and I promise not to
summarize (although it might be entertaining for this
group).

John Nall                              Internet:  nall at nu.cs.fsu.edu
Computer Science Department            Florida State University
    "Today, a Moon Moth -- tomorrow, a Sea Dragon Conquerer!!"