linking /etc/passwd file in network

Grant Fengstad grant at clleth.UUCP
Wed Sep 6 06:24:53 AEST 1989

I have probably what could be considered a basic question.  I've been
asked by a friend who is going to be administering a lab full of
DECstation/VAXstation 3100's if it is possible to link the /etc/passwd
files together so that in a network environment maintenance (ie:
password changing, etc.) is easier.

All machines are running off a DECstation 3100 which acts as the server.

As I do not yet have that much experience in networking Unix I would
appreciate any help in figuring this out.

thanks

--
Grant M. Fengstad     "The ideas expressed are my own - not my employers"
Sr. CSR, Systems Integration - ComputerLand (Canada)