ENOTTY error when executing cp(1)

Jon Ivar Tr|stheim jon at fdmetd.uucp
Thu Sep 7 22:22:27 AEST 1989

Please help me........

I am running a deamon "server-process" on a TOWER 32/600 machine. The
server is implemented with IPC (pipes (FIFO), and semaphores).

The server receives request from client's. When server get request about
copying files from one directory to another the cp(1) command fails
after a while.

The command that gets executed in the server is:

	.
	.
	.
	sprintf(sh_cmd,"cp %s %s%s", filename, target->path, target->filename);

	if(system(sh_cmd) != 0){

	}
	.
	.
	.
Errno is equal 25 (ENOTTY) Not a typewriter !!!!!!!!!

I think the error has something to do with the number of files beeing
copied, because the error occures on the same file in the filelist
every time.
If i remove one file from the filelist, then the error occures on the
next file in the filelist.

if someone knows why !!!! please mail me as soon as possible...

Thanks....

--
Jon Tr|stheim, Fellesdata a.s, P.O. Box 248, 0212 OSLO 2, NORWAY
Phone : +47 2 52 80 80                            Fax   : +47 2 52 85 10
E-mail : ...!mcvax!ndosl!fdmetd!jon  or           jon at fdmetd.uucp
<The opinions expressed, if any, do not represent Fellesdata a.s>