Looking for tcsh binary which uses vfork

Guy Shaw shaw at paralogics.UUCP
Tue Sep 5 19:04:40 AEST 1989

In article <1127 at tukki.jyu.fi>, eloranta at tukki.jyu.fi (Jussi Eloranta) writes:
> We have the same problem here.... (with tcsh from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu)
> Does anyone have a fixed version? We don't (yet) have the sources so I would
> need binaries...

I have the same problem.  I am using the binary version for Sun 3's
running SunOS 3.4, from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, but am running SunOS 4.0.
It seemed like I got away with it until I noticed this problem when I
piped something to `less'.  At first, I thought maybe it was a problem
with `less', but it is just that I didn't notice `more' exhibiting that
behavior, because I use `less' a great deal more than `more'.

The idea that using vfork() would cure this problem sounds reasonable to me.
Can anyone verify that this is all that is needed?  Can anyone direct me
to a binary of tcsh for Sun 3, which has a fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance.
--
Guy Shaw
Paralogics