PASSWORD GUESSING

Rusty Carruth rusty at cadnetix.COM
Wed Sep 20 08:21:57 AEST 1989

In article <24888 at prls.UUCP> gordon at prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) writes:

>       The advice I see most often, and use myself is to simply pick
>   two unrelated words that are seperated by a symbol,...

How about two unrelated words interspersed with each other?  Thus
"PASSWORD guessing" becomes PgAuSeSsWsOiRnDg.  However, it took
me about 30 seconds to type that, and I had to continually refer to
both what I had typed and to the two words I was using.  Oh, well, never
mind.

>.....  Care to figure
>   what the odds are of a hacker breaking it ?

I'm surprised we have not seen the answer yet :-)