Two identical filenames in one directory!

Clarence Dold dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Sat Sep 30 01:08:42 AEST 1989

in article <22 at minya.UUCP>, jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) says:

> On earlier versions of Unix, I'd know instantly what to do.  It's easy enough
> to write a program that runs thru a directory and extends each null byte to
> the end of the entry.  But on Sys/V, this doesn't work, because nobody, not
> even root, can write a directory.

I don't know about that.
Certainly fsdb can write to a directory.
So can ld.
--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold at tsmiti.Convergent.COM		(408) 434-5293