recursive grep

Kent Landfield kent at ssbell.UUCP
Sun Sep 3 13:40:20 AEST 1989

In article <677 at lakart.UUCP> dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:

>Great. Now what do all us Berkeley folks do when we don't have xargs.
>How's about we pirate a copy from a local SysV site that happens to
>have a source licence. Naahhhh - that might get us in trouble. :-)
>--
>	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+

Just look in your neighborhood comp.sources.unix archives. Volume 3
contains xargs. :-) No licencing violations needed. :-) It was posted
to mod.sources before the great renaming... I have not tried it but
here is the header from the posting for all that are interested...

---------------- Start Header - c.s.u/volume3/xargs ---------------