Talking to programs

jonas karlsson jonas at Neon.Stanford.EDU
Sat Aug 4 07:35:40 AEST 1990

How do  i call a program from a function, have the function respond to
the various prompts, give the correct replies, and catch the output?
Someone suggested using socketpairs, fork off a child that dup2's standard in
and out into one half of the socketpairs, and then execv'ing the program
(basically).  I tried following his suggestions, with no success.
could someone please give me a detailed description (or code) on
how to do this?

tnx
-j