Bushy Unix

Michael P Stryker stryker at phyc.ucsf.edu
Sun Aug 5 11:39:35 AEST 1990

A developer in industry who wishes to remain nameless followed up the
earlier transport-level characterization of Unix and other operating
systems posted to this newsgroup:
  "VMS is like a Soviet railroad train....
  "The Mac operating system is like the monorail at Disney World....
  "Unix is like the maritime transit system in an impoverished country...."
with the following apt observations:
  UNIX ought to be chosen operating system of the Republican Party.
  Everything in UNIX is the way it is for no longer relevant historical
  reasons, preserved for the profit of a few but trumpeted as the
  triumph of the common man.  Every four years (or so) there is a great
  ballyhoo about how much UNIX is doing for us, and how grateful we
  should be to have it, but after the show is over, and UNIX has
  received our votes, nothing is improved.
I thought it would be of wide interest.  --Michael Stryker