Successive adjtime calls

Venu S Rayaprolu rayaprol at pad.ecs.umass.edu
Thu Aug 2 04:43:56 AEST 1990

Can anyone tell me the behavior of 2 successive adjtime calls?
Specifically, if I have

#include <sys/time.h>

adjust_clock(...)
{
struct timeval timev1, timev2;
	.
	.
	.
	.
	adjtime(&timev1, (struct timeval *) 0);
	.
	.
	adjtime((struct timeval *) 0, &timev2);
	.
	.
}

I know that the timev2 returns the time that is still to be adjusted
when the second call
was made. My question is, does first argument zero mean that the
adjustment is stopped?
Or in general, in 2 succesive calls, does the second adjustment override
the first
adjustment(whatever remains of it) OR does it just tag on?
Thanks in adv.

Venu.

"Time is nature's way of not letting too many things happen, all at once."