awk arguments

Johann Schweigl/104857600 johnny at edvvie.at
Sat Aug 4 20:01:24 AEST 1990

>From article <1650 at quando.quantum.de>, by omerzu at quando.quantum.de (Thomas Omerzu):
> Well, I don't know that book
> and thus I don't know what weaknesses you're pointing at.
> Maybe you could tell us something more specific?

Aho's book covers nawk (new awk) which has some useful features the old awk
is missing (like multiple output files).
A lot of current UNIX ports still include the old awk. You could try to get
gawk (GNU's awk version), which is nawk-compatible (at least I do believe so).
--
This does not reflect the   | Johann  Schweigl | DOS?
opinions of my employer.    | johnny at edvvie.at | Kind of complicated