can SIGPWR be used to detect machine crash in Unix?

TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Mon Aug 20 23:44:29 AEST 1990

        I am doing client and server distributed programming. I would like
to capture all the signals in Unix, particularly SIGPWR in order to inform
the other party about the failure. In this case, can SIGPWR can really be
caught in the program if there is power failure? If yes, normally how
much time is allowed for the SIGPWR signal handler to run and inform the
failure to the remote party?
        Please direct your response to me. I will summarize if there is
enough interest.
        Thanks.

p/s: please forgive me if u receive twice coz I cross post this to
     info-unix.

- Beng Hang Tay (email: taybengh at nusdiscs)