Cron - First Saturday of the month

Michael van Elst p554mve at mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Sat Aug 11 00:28:35 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug8.185745.16606 at iwarp.intel.com> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>In article <19744 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, curt at oce (Curt Vandetta) writes:
>|   I'm wondering if anyone has a way of making cron run a job on the
>|   first Saturday of every month?
>3 4 1-7 * 6 command
>to make 'command' run at 4:03am... adjust the first two fields as
>necessary.  Remember, the parameters are "and"-ed together.

>From the SunOS4.03 Manual:

Note: the specification of days may be made by two fields
(day of the month and day of the week). If both are specified
as a list of elements, both are adhered to. For example:

   0 0 1,15 * 1 command

would run a command on the first and the fifteenth of each month,
as well as on every Monday.
.
.

Seems that, at least here, your suggestion doesn't work.

--
Michael van Elst
UUCP:     universe!local-cluster!milky-way!sol!earth!uunet!unido!mpirbn!p554mve
Internet: p554mve at mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de