SunOS 4.0.3 BUG?

esanchez ESANCHEZ at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx
Sat Aug 18 05:04:31 AEST 1990

	I have a problem with SunView (I apologize if this is not the
correct list to say it) in SunOS 4.0.3 and basically consists in:
	When I start Sunview with several commandtools and editors,
I observe that only the /dev/console is owned by me (an user with
group number 100) and the /dev/ttyp's that correspond with each
commandtool window are owned by root (I think they must be owned
by me).
	As all of you know, the /dev directory is owned by "bin"
with group number 3.
	Other observation is that if a user with same group that
bin starts sunview, the /dev/ttyp's aren't owned by him too and if
in a commandtool a "rlogin" is made by a user with group different than
"bin" group (3), the /dev/ttyp is not owned by this user; but if the
inverse thing is made (a user with group different to bin group starts
sunview and a "rlogin" is made by a user with group = bin group) then
the /dev/ttyp is owned by this user (the user with group=3).
	The problems begin when a "normal" user wants to write to a
commandtool, a message like "tty input: Stopped" appears and the
window is destroyed.
	I sent this problems to a Sun employee and commented me about
a OLD BUG in SunOS.
	Does anybody of you know about it and how can I get a solution?
	Thank you...
Enrique Sanchez Lara
internet: esanchez at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx
	  enrique at cca.pue.udlap.mx